BLS – Instructor-Led Training
Who Should Complete This Course?
- Healthcare Providers & Rescue Workers
The BLS Course trains participants to quickly recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide high-quality chest compressions, deliver proper ventilations and provide immediate use of an AED.
In the Instructor-led course, students work with an AHA BLS Instructor, to complete mastery of BLS skills, followed by skills testing and a written exam.
2 Year Certification issued immediately after course completion.
4.5 Hours – BLS Provider
3 Hours – BLS Renewal
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
- Reflects science and education from the 2020 AHA Guidelines Update for CPR and ECC
- Instructor-led, hands-on class format
- Emphasis on high-quality CPR
- Video-based learning with realistic circumstances
Also, available in blended learning.