Who Should Take This Course?
- 13 years of age!
- Little or no medical training.
- Need a course completion card for job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA), or other requirements.
- To be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
Heartsaver First Aid is a video-based, instructor-led course that teaches students critical skills to respond to and manage an emergency, until EMS arrive. Students learn duties, roles, and responsibilities of first aid rescuers; first aid actions for medical emergencies, including severe choking, heart attack, and stroke; and skills for handling injury and environmental emergencies, including external bleeding, broken bones and sprains, and bites and stings.
2 Year Certification issued immediately after course completion.
- First aid basics
- Medical emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Preventing illness and injury
- Optional exam
- Video-based learning
- Instructor-led, and hands-on skills practice
- Course is updated with the new science from the 2015 AHA Guidelines Update for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
Also, available in blended learning.